Saturday, February 7, 2009

Visiting the Dentist

I went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned. I love how my teeth feel, but I do not like to be there. I don't know why it was so hard for me this time. I have a nice and gentle dentist, but I was doing some "self talk" trying to get through the visit. I never had any trauma when I was younger either. (Unfortunately, that was my sister with all the horror stories). Why did I have to remind myself to breath?

My mom suggested that I am taking on my kids' emotions and traumas. Which could be true since Sienna has not had good luck with her teeth. She has had a few fillings, a broken tooth and had some crowns. We brush, floss and rinse, but it just does not seem to be enough. So hence--now I have anxiety visiting the dentist.

Is there anyone who enjoys the dentist?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I only do because my sister works there and I tell her be extra nice while cleaning my teeth, and she held my hand like a big baby while I was getting a filling!