Friday, March 20, 2009

New Baseball Shoes

A few weeks ago, Breven starting wearing snow boots everywhere. (Please remember that we live in California and we do not have any snow). He put the boots on to play outside, go to his speech class and run other errands. I got a little embarrased when we went to the park and he had on his blue plaid shorts and boots. It looked rather silly.

When we were getting ready for school, I asked Breven to put on his gym shoes. He told me that he didn't want to wear those shoes because they had holes in them and he did not want to get wood chips in his shoes. After all these weeks, I thought he was just being silly, but it ends up that he was being practical. The stitching on the top of his gym shoes had come out. I had to push down on the top of the toe to find the holes.

We went right after school and bought some new shoes. He wanted baseball shoes so every pair he found he asked, "Are these baseball shoes?" I told him that he would be able to play baseball in the shoes.

He found some navy blue gym shoes with a little orange trim (Edmonton Oilers colors). Of course, he asked if they were baseball shoes, but when he tried them on he said, "Me play hockey." Right there in the store, he pretended to play hockey to see if his shoes could keep up with his moves. He was sold. We bought the shoes and he wore them home.

No comments: