Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Stepping Out of Our Comfort Zones

I debated about posting this video. I even protested when my friend Genevieve wanted to put it on her Facebook. However, friends and family keep asking how our talent went so here is a little bit of our swimming routine. It was too big of a file to include the intro. (I'm in the black shirt on the left. You may want to pause the music on the right to hear the video) Enjoy!!



Our ward's Relief Society birthday party at the beginning of the month was a talent show. The presidency wanted the women in our ward to share all the various talents and "hats we wear." Since I do not have a visible talent, I wanted to do something to support the presidency but also include others to do it with me. (I don't get as embarrassed in a group--there is strength in numbers). Another friend, Samantha, sent a link for synchronized swimming almost a year ago and I thought it was funny and clever. I also searched YouTube for other routines and stole some swimming moves. No one really wanted to do it when we started practicing, but it ended up that we had a fun time and became better friends. Thank you ladies!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You ROCK!!

That is so awesome! I loved it! You have such a fun ward! We are the activities committee leaders and we are planning a ward talent show in May... any suggestion?

Stephanie said...

next year we need to do a sequal!