Friday, May 8, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

These last few months, I have been teaching art lessons to Sienna's class. I have really enjoyed having the opportunity to teach 1st grade again. We tried a lot of different things including oil pastels, watercolor, graphite pencils, and painting with eye droppers.

This week we had a few students that needed to finish up projects for the Art Show. Sienna's teacher, Mrs. Cooper, asked if we could plan something fun for the students that had finished all their projects.
Since it was close to Cinco de Mayo, we decided to do something that would go along. I first taught them a little of "La Raspa" or better known as "The Mexican Hat Dance." Then we made some sombreros with a Solo plastic bowl and some yellow butcher paper. It was a fun activity and Sienna and Breven enjoyed wearing the hats at home.

No comments: