Breven and Sienna switched places today and took on the role as the piano teacher. As one was playing, the other would sit in the chair next to the piano and make comments. It made me laugh when I heard, from the other room, Breven say, "Well, you had some pauses, but I will let you go on."
Our practice routine is that they have to play each piece three times. Recently, we have added that if they play the piece perfectly, they only have to play it once. They usually still end up playing the piece three times, but they are motivated to try harder.
When they finished their practicing, they came to the other room and announced that they wanted to do that again tomorrow because they know each other's pieces now. I think, "YEAH!! Anything that helps them want to practice."
18 Months Post-Retirement - Loss and New Life -
8 months ago
1 comment:
I didn't know you had a blog. what a fun way to keep in touch. Miss you guys! Linda
Post a Comment