I can't believe that she is going to first grade.
I taught first grade and I remember how big and independent my students were. Is it possible my Sienna is that old?
She loved kindergarten and she did not want to have the school year end. When we went for the Open House and see all the work, she was calling across the yard to all her friends as we passed by. School is definately a social thing.
Her teacher, Mrs. Hoover, was sweet and kind. She loved her class. The last day, Sienna took Mrs. Hoover a crown that she made out of paper, ribbon and jewels.
Mrs. Hoover put it on right away and did not take it off until after we left. Sienna told her that she was a Queen. It was appropriate coming from Sienna because Sienna was the princess fanatic. She wore a princess shirt almost every day, she drew pictures and wrote stories about princesses all year. Everyone knew that Sienna loved princesses. I guess that is the influence of Disneyland.
1 comment:
Holy cow... you are the mother of a 1st grader!
I LOVE that she made a crown for her teacher... and I love that her teacher was willing to wear it the rest of the day. I bet that meant the world to Sienna!
I need to e-mail you!!!
Post a Comment