Almost to the exact day (3.1 years-old), both my children decided to cut their own hair.
When I told my dad, he said, "Oh, we had at least one do it," but that is 1 out of 5--not bad odds. However, I am now 2 for 2 or 100%--not very impressive. 
Have I relaxed too much in supervision? Is it because we have a new baby coming and they sense a change? Are they asserting their independence and showing Mom how BIG they really are? I'm still amazed how quickly it all happened, and I'm not sure how he got the haircutting scissors down because they are usually kept on the shelf in the closet. Oh, well--whatever the reason, it is done. Luckily, Breven's hair grows a lot faster than Sienna's. Her hair took a year to grow out, and Breven's should be better in a month. I thought you would enjoy the side-by-side comparison at age three.

Have I relaxed too much in supervision? Is it because we have a new baby coming and they sense a change? Are they asserting their independence and showing Mom how BIG they really are? I'm still amazed how quickly it all happened, and I'm not sure how he got the haircutting scissors down because they are usually kept on the shelf in the closet. Oh, well--whatever the reason, it is done. Luckily, Breven's hair grows a lot faster than Sienna's. Her hair took a year to grow out, and Breven's should be better in a month. I thought you would enjoy the side-by-side comparison at age three.
3 comments:
That picture of Breven looks just like his dad! I'm still hoping we don't have a haircutting incident!
Oh my goodness! My sister's daughter was bald until she was almost 2 1/2 years old... seriously, it tool forever for her hair to grow in. When she finally had enough for my sister to put it into a cute little pony tail- Lonica cut it off. Poor Lonica! My sister didn't take it very well.
that is so funny that both of your kids did it. I hope kennedee avoids that.
Post a Comment