Breven went to his first professional hockey game. The LA Kings were playing Edmonton Oilers--Smokey's favorite team. Smokey's friend, AL, gave him two tickets right behind the net. When I asked for the report of what he thought, he said, "Too Loud." The first half of the first period, Breven sat with his hands over his ears.
The hockey was exciting too. The Oilers scored three times the first period and we thought it would be a boring game. The Kings came back the second period and scored four goals. Then the Oilers scored one more in the third ending the game in a tie. The Oilers won in the shoot out.
Breven had a good time. We extended the fun when Al called and offered Saturday night's tickets too. Going two nights in a row is a lot for a little guy. (I've been waiting for Smokey to take the pictures of his phone, but I will post some when that happens).
18 Months Post-Retirement - Loss and New Life -
8 months ago
2 comments:
Thanks for your Christmas card. Any time you're in Utah, let me know! I'd love to see you.
I just got your Christmas card! Your family is beautiful (and growing! I didn't know you'd had a baby! Congratulations!). Have a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment