We have been doing a walking and phoning campaign to inform people about saying "Yes on Prop 8." I was quite nervous about my first phone call, but then it got easier to talk with people. It felt a lot like being a missionary again. It is very scary that this issue is back on the ballot. It passed in 2000 with a 61% of the vote. However, now it seems that there are a lot of people that don't care one way or the other if it passes or not. Then to add to the debate there are celebraties donating large sums of money to defeat it.
There was an article in the LA Times that encouraged readers to support the measure. That was a surprise because usually that paper is so liberal. I think everyone should read it and then pass it on to friends--especially people that vote in California.
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-blankenhorn19-2008sep19,0,2093869.story
1 comment:
Good for you! I wonder if my parents are making calls and etc. to help out. I'll call and tell them to get involved!
We live in a crazy world!
Post a Comment